We're hiring! Join us a Senior Chemist
19 April 2017
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Link Technologies develop and manufacture novel, high quality speciality products for oligonucleotide synthesis. Our reagents are used in molecular biology as well as in the biotechnology research, pharmaceutical and diagnostic sectors. Due to increasing demand for our products and services, LINK is currently looking for a Senior Chemist to join our team.
The role of Senior Chemist requires proven excellence in both theoretical and practical organic chemistry. The appointment will be laboratory based and will require an adaptable individual who can quickly adjust to the changing needs of our in-house and customer focused project and production schedules. The successful candidate will be involved with developing junior team members in addition to managing projects and project teams.
Role and responsibilities
- Completion of scheduled work is on time (as per the Chemistry Schedule), within budget (as per batch cost or project costing) and within specification.
- Custom Synthesis / NPI projects (including design of synthetic routes, improvement of existing routes, syntheses, troubleshooting and optimisation of problematic steps) are efficiently and effectively completed.
- Inefficiencies and opportunities for improving chemical procedures are identified and raised at the weekly Chemistry Meeting.
- Compliance with company policies and standards.
- Compliance with all relevant environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Contributions are made to writing and revising of documented procedures.
- Support of the development of new products within the company.
- Accurate and timely recording, interpretation and reporting of all generated data.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant current literature and technical developments
Experience - Essential
- PhD in synthetic organic chemistry plus relevant industrial or Post Doc experience
- Project management experience
- Experience in the use of various analytical tools (HPLC, LCMS, NMR, UV/vis etc) and interpretation of the data generated
- Excellent IT skills and communication skills
- Able to work well within a team, including mentoring or supervising less experienced colleagues
- Adaptable to changing priorities, able to organise work time to progress multiple projects
Experience - Desirable
- One or more of the following areas; nucleosides, nucleotides, phosphoramidites, bioconjugates and/or fluorescent dyes
- Scale up experience would be extremely advantageous
You can find out more about the company and our products on this website .
Please apply by sending your CV with covering letter to email@example.com or to:
Dr Catherine McKeen
Link Technologies Ltd
3 Mallard Way
Strathclyde Business Park
Lanarkshire, ML4 3BF
Please note that candidates must be eligible and able to work in the UK.
- Comments (0) Commenting is now closed.